Placing students in Class/Course Sections for continuous intake, lesson-based Courses can be done via the Student Program window by:
Assigning the student to a Class using the Classes section on the Program tab
Scheduling students into the class via Trillium's Load Students.
Using the Student Programs Window
- Your student can be assigned to multiple Courses within the single Class, either with overlapping dates or consecutive dates.
- A student cannot be assigned to the same Course Section of a Class multiple times.
- A student who leaves and comes back can be placed into the same-lesson based Class, but not the same Course Code with overlapping Start and End dates.
Note: If courses are assigned to the student using Student Program window, the Loader should not be used later. Doing so would cause the Courses entered via the Student Program window to be removed from the student's schedule. Only one way can be used to assign Courses to the student, not a combination.
- Once the end date of the class has been reached, Trillium assumes the student has completed the Course. If this is not the case, or the student withdraws from the Class, you would need to populate the demit status for the Course (or in the case of scheduling via the loader, drop the course for the student). The values for the demit status are:
- Underway/Completed (0),
- Withdrawn (Full Disclosure) (2),
- Dropped with Achievement (5),
- Dropped without Achievement (9).
This information is used to determine whether the Course should appear on the student's Report Card and/or Transcript.
- Determining whether full disclosure applies to a dropped Continuing Education Course is not consistent between Boards and therefore, difficult to calculate. Since the rules regarding this are not consistent everywhere, you have to decide whether the Course should be identified as a Withdrawn Course on the Transcript.
- If the demit indicator Dropped without Achievement is selected and Achievement exists for the Course Section, you will be asked to confirm the Achievement information should be deleted.
- If the demit indicator Dropped with Achievement is selected and Achievement exists for the Final Report Period, you will be asked to confirm this Achievement information should be deleted.
Note: Course Code and Demit Indicator fields are controlled by the school preference Allow Modifying Course/section in Class. If this Preference is checked, those fields will be enabled, otherwise they will be disabled..
Using the Load Students Window
This screen is used to schedule Students into Courses. Students can be scheduled individually or by groups.
- When scheduling Students with Courses added through the Student Programs window, a warning will be produced that the entered Courses can/will be lost. You can decide to continue or cancel the process.
- When the Student drops a lesson-based Course and Achievement exists for the Course, you'll be asked to confirm the Achievement information should be deleted. If the demit indicator Dropped with Achievement is selected and Achievement exists for the Final Report Period, you'll be asked to confirm this Achievement information should be deleted.
- Clicking on the Early Compl. Courses button will open the pop-up window show below, which you can use to maintain Early Completion Courses. The Finished checkbox allows you to lock the Course from further modification, including any updates to the Course End Date as a result of rescheduling the Student.
The Correspondence Continuing Education Register needs to be able to identify if students are full or part time at another Board on the October and March count dates. The FT Other Board and the PT Other Board checkboxes located on the Student Programs/Registration tab will be used by TWebCE to indicate whether the student was full time/part time at another Board on the two count dates: October 31 and March 31.