As in Core Trillium, boards have the ability to configure StreetPerfect for Address Validation. When a new address is entered or an existing address is modified feedback about the new or updated address is presented on screen depending on status returned by StreetPerfect.
Boards have the option to allow certain schools to save addresses even if they are invalid according to StreetPerfect. Individual users can also be granted address-overwrite privileges, which allow them to save invalid addresses at schools where Address Validation is enabled.
Click Here for Address Validation setup instructions. (Password required)
When editing addresses in Student Maintenance, you are in this pop-up:
- At the bottom, you'll see the Override Address Validation check box is available only if Address Validation is active at the selected school and you have been granted the security task to override Address Validation (STUMNT - Demo - Override Address Validation).
- The new Search button allows searching by postal code. Click Search after entering a postal code and one of three things will happen:
- If the postal code is invalid, you'll receive this error message: No Street found based on this Postal Code.
- If StreetPerfect returns exactly one match, City, Province and Street are refreshed. Address Format (Civic/Rural) is also populated.
- If more than one option for street, address format or any other address component is returned, the system displays a pop-up which allows you to make a selection. For example: If you enter Postal Code is N0B 1B0, you'll come to this screen:
- Once you make a selection, applicable fields (depending on StreetPerfect response) are populated.
- You can enter any other address fields, then Click Save or Save and Close. When any of these two buttons are pressed, the system submits a request for Address Validation to StreetPerfect and Save to the database (or rejects) the new or modified address, according to the these rules:
- If Address Validation is disabled at the selected school: Address is saved even if StreetPerfect returns invalid status. The address is saved to the database with a status code that reflects the result of the validation (addresses.address_status_code = 1 if valid, otherwise 2);
- If Address Validation is active at the selected school and Override Address Validation is not visible or is turned off: Address is saved only if StreetPerfect returns valid status, the record in the database is saved with addresses.address_status_code = 1. In case of an invalid address, an error message displays (and no database change occurs);
- If Address Validation is active at the selected school and Override Address Validation is visible and turned on: Address is saved even if StreetPerfect returns invalid status. The address is saved with a status code that reflects the result of the validation and check box value (addresses.address_status_code = 1 if valid, otherwise 3).
Batch processing of addresses
Boards can continue using the two additional windows available in Core Trillium to fix addresses: Address Validation and Accept Address; no change has been made on any of these screens, which provide the same functionality as before.