In TWebSchAdmin, in 5.40.10 and newer, this page is used to share students with schools within your board. This page is not applicable to ConEd schools.
You may also want to read: Transfer Within Your School Board.
This feature requires the All Students flag to be set ON and it adheres to the Update Flag setting for the particular user's role when determining whether the functionality
action buttons are visible.
If you are assigned proper Tasks but have the All Students flag set OFF, then regardless of the update flag settings, you'll have Read Only access to the page.
Here are the security tasks controlling access to this feature. There are also Board preferences which control access to some pieces of information used while
registering a Student
|Full Name||Where Used|
|STUMNT - Transfer Student Menu||STUMNT - Controls access to Transfer Student menu option|
|STUMNT - RegStu - Transfer/Register Students||STUMNT - Controls access to Register Transferred Students, Register Shared students, Transfer within School Board, Send Students to Coned, and Share within School Board.|
Share Within School Board
Start here: Student Maintenance > Transfer Student > Share within School Board
Share Default Values
This section is used for setting parameters required for sharing a student. Boards can control sharing students to multiple buildings through a Board preference: Allow share to multiple schools.
Select all semesters and terms during which the student will be shared with other school(s). Click Add to add a new row for the semester/term/school selection. This is a mandatory field.
The Share Date is the date on which the share becomes effective. It is set to the first day of the selected Semester/Term by default and can be changed to a later date in case
the share does not start on the first day of the Semester/Term. This is a mandatory field.
Select the School with which the student is being shared from the Share with School picklist. Only schools within your Board are displayed.
- If share with multiple schools is allowed at your Board, then students can be shared with several schools for a single term and different schools’ selection is allowed for the same term.
- If share with multiple schools is NOT allowed at your Board then only one shared school is allowed for an individual term. This is a mandatory field.
The fields in this section will be used to filter the list of searched students.
- Select Grade to limit the student list to only students in the selected Grade.
- Select a School Track to find only students who are enrolled in that Track. This is a mandatory field.
- The Student Name field is used to find a particular student. Start typing the name to get a list of students who match your search. You must select a student from the list to share. Partial names cannot be found.
- Select a Class to find only students who were enrolled in that Class on the selected Class Effective Date.
- Select or enter a valid Class Effective Date. This date will be used to find only students who were enrolled in the selected Class on the selected Date
- Select the Not Shared option to find students who could be shared with the selected share with School, in the selected Semester and Term.
- Select the Shared option to find students that are shared but not yet registered with other schools in the default School Year. You will be able to redirect the Student Share to another school or to the same school but another Semester/Term, if needed.
- Select the Shared and Registered option to find students that were shared and registered with other schools in the default School Year.
- Select the Undo Share option to find students that are shared but not yet registered in the default School Year and to be able to undo Share.
- Click Find to find students based on your defined Search criteria and share default values.
- When finding Not Shared students: For every student listed, a row will be created for each Semester/Term/School defined where the student was not yet shared. Students who are already shared with the default values defined will not be listed.
This section displays the list of students who meet your search criteria. You will be able to Share or undo Share for the selected students.
Use the checkbox at far left to select/deselect all rows on the current page or on all pages. Select the students to Share/undo Share.
- The Student Name/Student Number field displays students’ preferred name and their student number.
- Click the Student Information icon to view the student's gender and birth date information.
- The Semester/Term field indicates the Semester and Term the selected students will be shared. It is copied from the Share Default values section. You are allowed to change this value. This is a mandatory field.
- The Share Date is the date on which the Share becomes effective. It is copied from the Share Default values section. You can change this date to any valid date within the selected Semester/Term.
- The Share with School field displays the School with which the Student is being shared. It is copied from the Share default values section. You are allowed to change this value to share the Student with another School. This is a mandatory field.
- If applicable, enter any remark detailing the Student’s Share. The field has a maximum length of 240 characters.
- Click Share to share the selected student(s) with another School. These students will appear in Register Shared Students page of the new school.
- Click Undo Share if you would like to cancel the Share for the selected student(s).
- When enabled, Click Errors to display and print the errors occurred during the share process.