The Demographic Update function of Trillium's web-based Online Registration system (TWebOLR) retrieves data from our VIA OnLine Forms, where parents make changes to their students' records. TWebOLR:
- Accepts changes which parents request be made to their students' Demographic or Contact data;
- Allows school staff to validate the changes and possibly add additional information;
- Updates your Trillium database.
Setup information for your Technical Staff is available here.
When parents request enrollment for new students, TWebOLR's roll is documented here.
Add, Delete and Update Student and Contact Address
Search to learn whether the Address to be inserted exists.
If the Address exists, then link the Address to the person, i.e. insert a person-address relationship in the table with today as Start Date and null End Date.
- If the Address does not exist, insert the Address in the DB and then link the Address to the person.
- Set the End Date of the existing personal-address to yesterday. The rest of this process is the same as Address Insert.
- Set the End Date of the personal-address relationship to yesterday in the DB. The deleted data is still in the DB without being removed.
Add, Delete and Update Student and Contact Phones/Emails
- Insert the new phone/email in the DB with today as Start Date and null End Date.
- Set the End Date of the existing phone/email to yesterday in the DB. The deleted data is still in the DB without being removed.
- If any critical field (listed below) is changed, set the End Date of the existing phone/email to yesterday. Then insert the new phone/email with today as the Start Date and null End Date.
- If the changed fields are NOT critical, the existing phone/email will be updated directly in the DB. The Start/End Date continue using their existing values without being changed.
Phone Critical Fields
- Area Code
- Phone Number
- Extension Number
Email Critical Fields
- Email Address
Add, Delete and Update Contact Demographic Information
- Add a new contact person in the DB with Start Date of today and null End Date.
- Update the existing contact fields in the DB without changing the Start/End Date.
- Set the End Date of the contact to yesterday in the DB. The deleted contact is still kept without being removed.
Note: The right way to replace an existing contact with a new one is to delete the existing contact and then insert the new contact. We do not recommend replacing the existing contact with the new one.
Priority of the Contact/Address/Phone/Email
All Priority fields are populated and transferred from the Submission forms. TWebOLR will validate if there are any priority conflicts. If any conflict is found, TWebOLR will display an exception page. The Priority is an attribute of the entity. It will be inserted, updated or deleted along with the entity.
Update Contact’s various flags
The Contact flags below are going to be populated and transferred from the Submission forms. TWebOLR will validate these and if any conflict is found, it will display an exception page.
- Is this contact a guardian for the child?
- Does this contact live with the child?
- Does this contact speak the school's language?
- Does this contact receive mail from the school?
- Does this contact have custody of the child?
- Does this contact have access to the child's school records?
- Does this contact have access to the child?
When the data is satisfactory, Click Migrate to store the parents' changes in your Trillium database.