It all begins here
Schools will distribute parents' login name/password and the SAS Public Web URL to stakeholders. The URL will look something like this: office.studentsachieve.com/QA/SASPublic Web. You'll arrive at this form:
Teachers/Administrators can access the portal via SAS Teacher Web.
Proceed to the Parents List: Manage > People > Parents, Editing a Parent. Choose the Website tab. Click Launch Parent Website.
This appears when initially accessing the Parent Portal. This is an overview of the Strand, Focus Area, Category, Learning Skill, CSL, etc… results for a student’s class.
- You can select a Student from the Student picklist. All the parent’s children are available.
- You can filter by Term in the Term picklist, which defaults to the current Term.
Legend – Shows the legend of the Code Tables.
Clicking on the Strand, Focus Area, Category, Learning Skill, CSL, etc…(these are underlined, as you see, above) takes you to the Learning Objectives page.
Learning Objectives Page
The following page is displayed when clicking on a Strand, Focus Area, Category, Learning Skill, CSL, etc… from the Achievements module. This shows the Outcomes and Assessments for a student’s class.
You have the ability to filter by Assessments in the Assessments picklist. The default: All.
Back To Summary – Return to the Achievements module.
Filtering – Filter the page by checking/unchecking the Strand, Focus Area, Category, Learning Skill, CSL, etc…
Show/Hide Assessments – Show or hide Assessments.
An icon displays to the right of any Assessment with attached content, as shown above.
Clicking on any Assessment (these are underlined) brings you to Assessment Resources.
In Assessment Resources, you have the ability to select:
- A Student from the Student picklist. All the parent’s children are available;
- A Subject from the Subject picklist.
- An Assessment from the Assessment picklist.
This shows all the Student’s Assessments.
You have the ability to:
- Select a Student from the Student picklist. All the parent’s children are available.
- Filter by Subject in the Subject picklist. The default: All.
Assessments will be grouped this way:
- Upcoming – Assessments where the Due Date is after the current week
- Current – Assessment where the Due Date is during the current week
- Past – Assessments where the Due Date is before the current week
The Subject Name, Assessment Name, Assessment Task Type, Due/Submitted Date display.
As with the Learning Objectives page, an icon displays to the right of any assessment with attached content.
Clicking on any Assessment (these are underlined, as shown above) will bring you to Assessment Resources.
A legend for the code tables used by the student’s Classes displays.
You can select a student from the Student picklist. All the parent’s children are available.
Back To Achievements – Return to the Achievements module.
Boards can define their own color codes for numeric results and Code Table values. To access your Code Table, proceed to the Code Table Editor page (via SAS Teacher Web).
To access Code Tables, go here: Manage > Setup > Code Table Editor. Select the Grading Codes tab.
This shows the parent’s information.
You have the ability to edit the Parent’s email address. Edit in the Email Address field, then Click Save Changes.
Log Out – Log out of the Parent Portal.
Parents who are also Teachers
(Applicable only for VIA Customers)
There are two modes:
- Parent can select a child in this mode.
- Parent can filter by Term in Term picklist.
- Filter by Term in Term picklist;
- Filter by Class in the Class picklist;
- Select a Student that they teach from the Student picklist. All the Students from the selected Class and Term will be available. Picklist default: All.
When accessing Assessment Resources in Teacher Mode, teachers can change Student results, enter Comments and add Resources.