How do I log into Via and get started using Via?
- In a browser -- we recommend, but do not require, Chrome -- go to the URL your tech staff provided. You will come to a form similar to the one below (your Home Page may have been customized by your Board or School). Click Sign in, highlighted in the red circle.
- That will bring you to this next form, where you enter the id/password your tech staff provided. Consider engaging "remember me" only if you are on a device you do not share with other VIA users.
- You will land at Via Home screen. At upper left, you will have two choices: Classroom and Student.
If you click Classroom, you will get these choices:
- Class List: Allows you to pick a homeroom or class and pull up all applicable Student information.
- NewsFeed: School calendar in list form. You can also view Students, their Assessments & Attendance.
- Agenda: A graphical view of your Class schedule. You can also view individual Student schedules.
- Classroom Assessments (optional): You can view and make changes to your student's assessments.
- Assessment Setup (optional): Takes you into your Assessment tool.
If you click Student, you will get these choices:
- Student Spotlight: The gateway to viewing all applicable Student information.
- Evidence Tracker: Assessment Planning and Student Work assessments. You can also save Student Media.
- Student Analysis (optional): Takes you into your Assessment tool.