Lookup Tables allow operators to enter data from a picklist, providing data standardiation and saving time. Assuming the Table is already set up and you have rights to it, this article explains how to create additions.
Step by Step
- Start here: Setup > Lookup Tables.
- In Group Manager (the brown vertical section of the form at far right), use the Search window to locate the Table you wish to edit or scroll down to it.
- Click on the Table name. It will now appear in the main part of this form. If District Owned is checked, you must be operating under a District login in order to edit this table. To verify whether you have edit rights, study your choices in the bottom, middle of this form. If you see Add Lookup Value, you are good to go.
- Click Add Lookup Value
- On the resulting form, fill in the desired Name and Code. Note: If you are adding items for State or Provincial Reporting, be sure to add the exact Code which the authorities require.
- Inactive: No means the item is active and available. Yes means it is not visible to operators.
7. When you have the entry as you want it, Click Submit to save your new Lookup Value.