The registering of students into your school now requires a search of the PASI database be performed as the first step of the process. This has been built into the application. The steps outlined below are for registering students who have never attended school in Alberta and therefore do not have an ASN.
- Log in as a school-level User in SIRS or SchoolLogic.
- Go to Student > Add Student.
- The PASI search page launches.
- Enter the Student's Last Name, First Name and ONE of the following: Birthdate, Grade or Age. Do not enter more than one search criteria for this section
- Click Search, which begins a two-tiered process:
- A search of the District database and then next:
- A search of PASI core
- NOTE: If no potential District match is found, the process will automatically continue to the PASI Core level search
- Potential matches will display using Default Quality Levels
The results page will display Default Quality Level matches. However, Alberta Education requires a second search to look for any potential matches. Select Include All Quality Levels and Click Search.
Review all matches. Determine if any are the correct student, even if the Quality Level is Low. Note: Clicking any of the hyperlinks, such as School Enrollments, will display additional historical information, if available.
At this point there are two options:
- Select a student. This is only used if the results criteria match and the student is the person you are wanting to register into your school. NOTE: To learn more about importing a student Select feature, Click Importing Students.
- To add a new student to your school, click Create New Student.
- This takes you to the next page to enter enrollment information:
Enter the enrollment information including:
- In Status: Select In-Status
- Date: Enter the date the student will begin school.
- School: Will auto-populate according to the User's School ID
- Track: Select the Current Year Track
- Grade: Select the Current Year Grade
- Reg Type: Select the Applicable Type
Click Edit and Finish Demographics if you're in SchoolLogic.
IMPORTANT. A sibling list will display. If siblings will be linked, do so during the registration process to ensure the internal ifamilyid connects family members.
Complete the Registration
To finish the registration and generate an ASN, all required fields must be entered as follows:
- Legal First and Last Name; Birthdate, Gender, Document Type, Document Number (if Gov't issued), Is Legal/Alias Exact
- Address and Phone are optional, however a Warning will be generated until populated
- You may also choose to enter internal information on the additional tabs
The student record is sent to PASI and an ASN will be generated. You will be returned to the Add Student Screen. Continue registering students as needed. Once finished, close the Add Student page.
To confirm Student registration you can go to Student > Demographics to review the student record.