Government Reporting 4.4 and newer
After you update Government Reporting, you might receive a Server Configuration Error. The error, which appears when an operator logs in after the update, begins:
Server Error in '/SchoolLogic Government Reporting' Application.
An Error Occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately. Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute "targetFramework'. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive.
The error also contains, "compilation Debug='true' targetFramework='4.0">.
Here's a look at the actual error:
This indicates the updated version of Government Reporting has incorrectly been assigned to an IIS Application Pool which uses Microsoft .net Framework 2.x. Government Reporting v.4 and above needs an App. Pool using .net Framework 4.x. This is also true of SchoolLogic v4 and above. Here's the fix:
1. Launch IIS. In the first column (far left), under Connections, Click the triangle to the left of your server's name, to "open" it; then Click the triangle to the left of Sites, to "open" it ; finally, Clickthe triangle to the left of Default Web Site, to "open" it.
2. Scroll down to SchoolLogic Goverment Reporting and click on it:
3. In the third column (far right), under Manage Application, click on Advanced Settings. In the pop-up form which results, in row 1, click on the actual name of the Application Pool, which is in bold type.
4. Click on the ellipsis at the right end of row 1:
5. Another box will pop up, displaying the currently selected Application Pool. Change it to an Application Pool which uses .net Framework 4.x.
6. Click OK.
7. Click OK
NOTE: These same steps apply to SchoolLogic 4.0 and above, if you encounter the same error message as the one atop this post.